KSQ Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking an exceptional, highly motivated and enthusiastic Computational Biologist to work on analysis of data from functional genomics studies aimed at target ID and drug discovery efforts. The successful candidate will tackle the challenges of developing and deploying new high-throughput computational platforms, as well as designing and implementing analytical workflows and databases. This a great opportunity to play an essential role in our highly collaborative and interdisciplinary team and ultimately to contribute to the development of novel therapeutics.
• B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Physics or similar quantitative field.
• Strong programming skills with 5+ years of experience.
• Must have demonstrated proficiency in SQL and database development.
• Fluency in one of the scripting languages (Python or Perl).
• Knowledge of R is a very strong plus.
• Previous experience with sequencing data analysis is highly preferred.
• Previous experience with LIMS systems is desirable.
• Ability and willingness to learn is a must.
• The successful candidate will focus on the development of data analysis and management pipelines for high-throughput functional genomics studies. This will include efforts
on all stages of the process – from automation and QC of raw data processing to the design of databases and developing methods for results interpretation.
• Integration of internal and external datasets.
• Genomic data analysis and biomarker discovery.
A competitive overall compensation package including: competitive base salary, bonus potential and stock options.
To learn more about this exciting career opportunity, please forward your resume and background information in confidence to Dr. Wade Hicks at KSQJobs@ksqtx.com.