KSQ Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking an exceptional and highly motivated Computational Biologist / Data Scientist to work on several projects focused on high-throughput functional genomics screens and drug target identification. The key objective will be transforming data into meaningful biological insights. This position will offer an exciting opportunity to develop new methods for the integrative analysis of genomic and functional data. The successful candidate will be a key team member driving computational analyses aimed at the development of novel therapeutics.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Bioinformatics or similar quantitative field.
• Candidates should have a track record of outstanding scientific achievements with a demonstrated history of developing algorithms applying machine learning approaches
to highly dimensional data.
• Deep understanding of and proficiency in statistical machine learning techniques.
• Strong coding skills required, fluency in R or MATLAB and one of the scripting languages preferred.
• Experience with cloud computing is highly desirable.
• Experience with genomic data analysis is a strong plus.
• A background in biology is preferred, but not necessary, and well-qualified applicants will be considered from backgrounds including Engineering and Physics.
• Commitment to quality, attention to detail, and team player mentality is a must.
• Mining large-scale functional genomics screening data generated by KSQ biologists.
• Integrating internal and external datasets.
• Identification of genomic features associated with cellular phenotypes of interest.
• Presenting and communicating findings to the team.
A competitive overall compensation package including: competitive base salary, bonus potential and stock options.
To learn more about this exciting career opportunity, please forward your resume and background information in confidence to Dr. Wade Hicks at KSQJobs@ksqtx.com.